Website Chevron Corporation
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
- Actively supports, understands, prioritizes, and applies preventative maintenance methods and processes for maintenance work on mechanical equipment.
- Spends time with customers and team members; shares knowledge and standard methodologies.
- Keeps supervisor, workgroup, customers advised on a timely basis and efficiently communicates with multiple workgroups.
- Will be an active member of the OneSJV Maintenance Team; trained and follows the SJVBU Work
- Management Process/Workflows.
- Shown ability to handle and/or provide mentorship on maintenance issues and work processes.
- Ensures that maintenance/mechanical work is completed in a timely fashion and per the
- Maintenance process and procedures.
- Experience with mechanical equipment operation, maintenance, and repairs of oil field equipment such as pumps, compressors, blowers, fin fans, etc. Familiar with various types of plant/facility equipment, filter presses and etc.
- Provide and assists coverage for the Mechanical Head Operator.
- Must have good working knowledge of oilfield equipment and process to include selecting and using lubricants, understanding Drive components and their application, selecting and maintaining bearings, Piping systems, Internal combustion engines, Control valves/actuators,
- Steam generators/boilers/heat exchangers and associated equipment, Repair experience of rotating equipment – pumps, compressors, pumping units, and etc.
- Must be able to safely work around equipment that could be pressurized and may contain stored energy
- Must be very knowledgeable in mechanical equipment operations, trouble shooting and repairs, while working with equipment owners and/or contractors to execute corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Must have 3 years work experience as a field mechanic.
- Knowledge to solve mechanical failures and provide mentorship for increased equipment reliability.
Qualification & Experience:
- Excellent communication and team facilitation skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Mechanical experience in oil and gas or related petrochemical industries
- Good working knowledge of maintenance processes and understands the operation of tanks, vessels, exchangers, pumps, compressors, VRU systems, furnace equipment, gas systems, product shipping, cooling system, and quality testing of product, as well as utility and emergency support systems.
Company: Chevron Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Ardo, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A