The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to be considered for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Travel will be required.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government credit card.
- Selective service registration is required for males born after 12/31/59.
- Please review “Other Information” section for additional key requirements.
- Evaluating and advising the Federal Disaster Recovery Coordinator (FDRC) on the need for focused disaster recovery technical assistance for the communities affected.
- Overseeing multiple planning operations in the field depending upon the severity and magnitude of disaster incidents.
- Establishing and coordinating locally driven recovery planning processes.
- Facilitating community and neighborhood workshops and involvement in the disaster recovery and planning process.
- Collaborating with Mitigation Division to assist in incorporating mitigation, sustainability, and resilience building measures into Community Building and Capacity Building (CPCB) recovery planning and capacity efforts.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, United States of America
Application Deadline: N/A