The General Ledger Accountant is an integral part of the financial accounting team. As a GL Accountant, you will support the Real Estate and US Retail sectors of the business and work cross-functionally with corporate business partners, the BP&A team (Business Planning and Analysis), and other members of the accounting team. This position reports directly to the Senior Director.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to drive decision making for the leadership team
- Assist in ensuring overall compliance with new IFRS lease accounting standard
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Assist in the monthly close for the Real Estate and US Retail accounting functions which includes meeting with business partners, recording monthly journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts, and performing monthly variance analysis on financial performance
- Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance,
- Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
- Assist in external audit requests and deliverables
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of processes related to accounting procedures and internal controls
- Partner with BP&A team to assist with budget and forecasting for Real Estate and US Retail lines
- Update and oversee financial data entered into lease accounting and reporting tool
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills. Is a self-starter that works well independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to own the work and is focused, effective, efficient
- Passion, energy, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with major in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 1-3 years of accounting experience and/or related financial analysis experience
- SAP experience is a plus, but not required
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A