Website The Clorox Company
The Senior Electrical and Controls Engineer provides electrical, instrumentation and controls functional engineering leadership on Clorox Capital Project teams for medium to large size projects. This role may have 1-2 possible direct reports.
- Development of manufacturing equipment, processes, and procedures essential to line extensions, product improvements, and new product development.
- Implement capital building & equipment installations and to improve manufacturing competitive performance.
- Utilize technical materials such as equipment manuals, system drawings, P&IDs, schematics and blue prints to troubleshoot and repair complex electrical/control systems. Interpret industry, regulatory, and company specifications and standards and apply to projects.
- Leads EIC engineering efforts through all phases of capital projects – conceptual, feasibility, scope definition, cost estimates, functional requirements, system design, scheduling, procurement, construction, testing, commissioning, startup, and validation.
- Demonstrates proficiency in developing and managing estimates, financial analysis, contracts, and purchase orders.
- Includes the use of Clorox Early Management principles and activities to deliver customer expectations with vertical and sustainable project execution.
- Works in a participative team based environment, using World Class Operations processes and principles, plans and leads the design and implementation of medium to large sized projects, programs, and manufacturing improvement projects that include the integration of outside technical resources.
- Support system start-up and operational checkout on systems including configuration, wiring, calibration, and power testing. Provide hardware and software application support assistance to engineers and operations.
- Provides significant contributions and technical leadership for major technology efforts in the organization, either as an individual or team member.
- Position will require the candidate to be in manufacturing environment with rotating equipment, elevated surfaces, temperature variations etc.
- 1 year of experience in batch, continuous, and discrete manufacturing; work experience related to packaging lines is a plus
- 2 years of production/operational work is highly preferred
- 8 years of engineering experience
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- BSEE Electrical Engineering is required
Qualification & Experience:
- Manage outside engineering firms deliver project design details and to support project work.
- Working knowledge of NEC, ANSI, IEC, NEMA, NFPA
- Working knowledge of ISA –S88, PackML and OMAC standards
- Degree: MBA / MS
- Manage spending to approved capital and expense budgets based on project estimates.
- PE Certification
- Demonstrated Ability to Lead Cross Functional Teams
- Batch, continuous, and discrete manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of industrial power and lighting applications; electrical safety; power distribution; and MCC, conduit and wiring
- WCO Tools
- Engineering or operations experience with consumer packaged goods packaging equipment and systems preferred.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong working knowledge of Allen Bradley hardware and software.
- Working knowledge of data collection systems
- Ability to develop, read and interpret P&IDs and electrical drawings
- Design Capability in Multiple Disciplines,
- Strong technical skills related to electrical/instrumentation and controls.
- Motivation & commitment to lead and direct others to exceptional results
- Provide leadership and supervision to construction contractors and equipment vendors.
Company: The Clorox Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta Metropolitan Area, US
Application Deadline: N/A